This was an easy project and I like the outcome.
I took a skirt I have had for a while. It was one of those "maxi-skirts"; aka...really long.
They are a great idea for some people but not so much for me.
I decided that I would either need to grow 4 inches or have the legs of a giraffe to pull this skirt off.
I chose a length that I liked, and cut the extra right off.
Then I ran it through the washer and dryer to fray it really well.
I cut off all of the extra stingy thingies to clean it up.
I used some of the left over fabric for embellishments.
I chose these happy swirly doodads. (Yes I am so articulate.)
After sewing the swirls my fingers were tired and sore so I used 'liquid stitch' to affix them to the skirt.
.........Yes I did.........
I have used it before on machine washable projects and it holds up really well.
We will see if I am as lucky this time.
I am enjoying the finished product. It is so much more wearable now. I also love having a new item of clothing that I didn't have to spend a dime on. :)
I am linking this to Frugal Friday at the Shabby Nest.