Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Treasures from Utah.....


I didn't leave my favorite place empty handed.
We spent part of our trip lounging at my darling sisters house and to make us feel more welcome she had left this on the bed in their guest bedroom. Now the 'P' hangs from a key holder by my front door.
I stole the picture directly from her blog, by the way. :)




She also gifted me with this gorgeous plate that is identical to one she displays in her kitchen. Thank You Wendy!! I love my treasures.


My mom, who knows that I collect vintage ivory shell buttons and old spools, had saved these for me. They were even in an old mason jar and the spools have their original silk thread on them. Thank You Mom!!!
Whenever I walk past them I run my fingers over the soft thread.






Just a smidgen of very important knowledge for you. I have decided that 'Down East Basic' clothing tags make the best bookmarks. Not only are they thick and sturdy, but they are dang cute and already have a ribbon attached.

And,...since "Mockingjay" comes out in less then two weeks we all know we are going to need a good bookmark!!!


2 comments:

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Beautiful things here!!! Love the buttons in a jar. : )

Wendy said...

Glad you liked your little gifts! But having you stay with us was a much bigger gift in my book!

Related Posts with Thumbnails