Monday, March 29, 2010

Teacher Gifts.........


Have I mentioned how grateful that I am for teachers.
.........only a few dozen times...............
Especially amazing, patient teachers that take certain children under their wing and help them to not only learn but to thrive.
Well,...since two out of my four children,...so far,...(knock on wood),...have some special needs,...I have a deep gratitude for loving teachers.
Easter is around the corner and when it comes to gifts I am running on empty. I am flat out of ideas. I always fall back on jewelry. Well if I am going to do that to them...again..., I am going to make it personal and unique.


So I embroidered little Easter/ spring type designs..............framed them in little memory frames.............added a key as a 'charm',............and used some length of antique bronze colored chain that you can buy by the yard at any craft store. (JoAnns is my happy place.) I used a large lobster claw clasp around the neck. I had my 5 year old sign her name on the back where I wrote "Happy Easter '10". I love the way they turned out, and of course my half pint can't wait to 'gift' her teachers with them,...which makes it all worth my while.






xoxox -Holls
I am going to link this up to Frugal Friday over at the Shabby Nest.

4 comments:

Zuzana said...

Oh Holly, these are gorgeous.;) I would love me one of these, your teachers are going to be so happy.;) What a nice gesture.
In case I do not get a chance later on to wish it; have a lovely Easter my dear friend,
much love
Zuzana

vintage girl at heart said...

Adorable,lovely,thoughtful and oh so sweet!!
You are an incredible artist and parent!
Blessings~

Wendy said...

Those really are darling! (You should link them up on Friday...I love them!)

The House Creative said...

Oh, those are so cute. Very creative, and what a nice gift they will make.

Related Posts with Thumbnails