Thursday, April 1, 2010

Last minute Easter basket stuffer............


This is a really inexpensive last -minute project to stuff Easter baskets with. These cute little felt eggs, (although mine look more like tulips), are supposed to take up just enough space in the Easter baskets that there will be less room for candy. ie....Less candy for my kids to eat. ;);)

I didn't have a pattern so I winged it. I cut out four tear-drop-ish shapes from felt and blanket stitched each side to the next. Don't forget to leave a bit of space to stuff it.


I cut out cute flower and leaf shapes to embellish it with, and also rounded up some buttons.


Put the embellishments wherever I wanted to with no rhyme or reason. Ever sticking to my motto "perfect is over rated." And,.....voila.....they are fancy little eggs aren't they? Go have some fun crafting!!




I am going to link this up to Frugal Friday at the Shabby Nest.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh.my.goodness. But I don't know why I should be surprised...these are fabulous!! I mean seriously, girl!

Portia said...

K I'm glad that you can't see mine cause yours are waay cuter! I think they turned out adorable and the kids are going to love them!!
I hope that you guys have a great Easter! :)

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

This is COMPLETELY WONDERFUL!!! And it looks like lots of fun to put together, too. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful Easter with your family.
M.L.

kanishk said...

A beautiful and emotive painting!
indian classified site

Related Posts with Thumbnails