Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Today was a good day..............

My 5 year old slept for 12 hours and woke up happy (for a change),

..............and didn't cry while I brushed and braided her mid back length curly red hair,

..............and remained happy until I could get her safely off to school.


These arrived in the mail from the Shabby Nest..................
Wendy (my big sis) sells them in her etsy store. So yes,...you can have some too............
they are darling and I am going to wear them on everything! (my sweaters, my bags, my hair...).

I ate a candy bar without guilt. (The guilt may come later, but for now........none.)
My daughter who has an auditory processing delay is making progress and remembered two more letters in her alphabet today then she did just yesterday. (Hazzah for baby steps.)
I am nesting. (No,...not expecting!!) Just nesting. Have managed to clean and organize both of my boys bedroom and picked out three paint colors for other parts of the house. (I am soo over my main floor dark red powder room!)


I can smell autumn and feel alive with craftiness.
Made sugar cookies...........and plan to eat them too.
In an effort to de-clutter I decided to throw out some old magazines.
................ended up daydreaming over many dog eared pages instead.
Am I the only one who actually sticks file folder tabs to pages of magazines.
...........couldn't throw them out.
But,...discovered new inspiration in the pages of May 2006 Mary Engelbreit's Home companion.



Isn't she wonderful??
No, not the cat,...the dress form. (although the cat is equally wonderful.:))
She gives me an idea...................................


And this bench,...sigh,...someday!!!
Today was a good day!!!

4 comments:

Zuzana said...

Ah, sounds like a perfect day with filled with moments of simple pleasures; my kind of day for sure!
Lovely gift from your sister and the pictures are beautiful.;) Even the cat.;)
Hope you will have another lovely day dear Holly.;)
xoxo

vintage girl at heart said...

Sweet kind of day!!! I have hoarded magazines forever and am soo glad that I DID hang onto my Mary's!! They are such a great source to inspire me to do something!!!
The cookies sound delightful:)!

Wendy said...

rambling posts are my favorite kinds. insights into your crafty little mind! have a great day!
xoxo

wish MEHC would be published again. sigh.

Anonymous said...

Lovely loveliness! Glad things are going well. I read that dark chocolate is GOOD for us, so I no longer get any guilt feelings. :)

Enjoy your day,
Zuzu

Related Posts with Thumbnails