Friday, July 17, 2009

From Laundry Bag to Laundry!!

About 3 years ago I was at Ikea with my sisters in law and there was this adorable laundry bag. (Bad photo, sorry.) It was just too cute....the print,...the colors,...just loved it. I didn't need it but it was only $3.00, and I remember thinking at the time that it would be a shame not to buy it. (Where I get these thoughts I do not know!) So home it came with me. I opened it up and it was huge. Enormous! I had no idea what I was going to do with it besides look at it. (Did I mention that it was really cute?) I tried using it as a swimming bag and I looked like Santa Clause with his pack of toys. It has sat it my closet for 3 years!!! I couldn't donate it because it was too CUTE!!! So,........another skirt. I know! But really,.....I live in the desert in the scorching heat and I wear skirts nearly every day as a defense mechanism. (Extra breezy.:)) So why not have 3-dozen-ish skirts in my closet, right? Besides I like it even better as a skirt. YIPPEE!! It is too CUTE!!!!!

8 comments:

Melinda said...

It is very...CUTE!

Amy said...

Yes! Much better skirt than bag!! Love it!

Zuzana said...

Of course you did! Talented and inventive you.;)) Wonderful as always Holly.;)) I will never look at Ikea the same way again.;)
xo
Z

Wendy said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You missed your calling in life. You should have been a fashion designer. You seriously amaze me. I still think about that off-the-should dress you made out of the bedsheet and then wore to the beach with Anne and took photos...remember? Of course you do! AMAZING!!!

Wanda said...

Such a cute idea! You must be so good with the sewing machine!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Hi Holly,
I've missed a few posts but wanted to let you know how ADORABLE this skirt is. Great job! I'd rather wear a skirt than pants, in the Summer.
And...thanks for the tip about the new Maybelline lipstick. I'll have to give it a try.
Have a good week.
M.L.

Debilou ~ Mississippi Mama said...

sooo creative,, very cute skirt

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Way cute as a skirt! Love it

Related Posts with Thumbnails