Saturday, July 11, 2009

Centerpieces



This week I was asked to help with centerpieces for a funeral. The woman (Pearl) who had passed was a dear older woman from my church. She was so loved, vibrant, and full of life. Luckily I was given help by a good friend who is very creative, but we had our work cut out for us. We had a very small budget and 3 days to come up with 25-30 centerpieces. We were told that Pearl's favorite colors were red and yellow, and just run with that.........yikes!! This is what we came up with. We floated lemons and cherries in clear vases, and tied them with red and yellow ribbon. After all was said and done I can honestly say that I was very pleased with the outcome. And knowing Pearl, I can really understand why red and yellow were her favorite colors. How cheery 30-ish red and yellow fruit vases looked all scattered about the cultural hall! Thank you soo much to Portia for sharing my stress!! :) And,...thank you ever so much to all of the sisters in the ward who so readily responded to desperate shout outs on face-book for clear vases "asap"!! We All Loved You Pearl!!...Still Do!! :)


6 comments:

Nicole A. said...

Love them, they look awesome! What a wonderful thing to do, I am sure she loved them from up above. Sounds like she was a wonderful woman!

Zuzana said...

Beautiful, what a lovely tribute to your friend, done with your friends. Love the colours too, to me they are the colours of sunshine...
xoxo

Wendy said...

They turned out really pretty...saw the shout out for the vases from Jen on facebook, and if I lived anywhere remotely near you all, I would have gladly contributed....but then you know that, right? ;-) Can't wait to see you...3 weeks...let the countdown begin.

Kym said...

They were beautiful Holly! I loved them.

Hena Tayeb said...

great centerpiece idea.

Unknown said...

These are so creative. I really enjoy doing centerpieces too. Check out my ideas at http://stayhomeandplay.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails