Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Favorite Place.............


Ever find yourself in a place where you feel completely calm? Where your anxiety leaves you and you can completely relax? A place where you can take a cleansing breath without having to yawn or sigh? Where you can read a book without the nagging feeling that there are 100 other things that you should be doing? Where you can lay on a white sofa with sun glinting through the window and take an afternoon nap? My sisters house is one of my favorite places. In her home I have total serenity,... and on this vacation I have been fortunate enough to spend some time in her home with her. The following images are all ones that I stole from the inviting corners of her nest.......



























6 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow! It's so interesting to see your home from another person's perspective. I've been meaning to blog about my key holder turned jewelry holder in the bathroom, but wasn't sure people would find it interesting...but I LOVE your photo of it! And I also love the photo of John's shoes. It's really kind of vintage-y looking.

Thanks for this post! I'm flattered...but especially just glad that you feel calm and peaceful at my house....let's see if you still feel that way after next week. ;-)

Natalie @ Blossoming Visions said...

What a nice sis you are! You both are very talented. I love your music setup : )

Anonymous said...

Your blog is gorgeous, but I have to say I'm in love with your music selection! I had to get up from the computer (as I was looking at your blog) and the music kept playing. I love that you have Yann Tiersan from Amelie! One of my favorites!! Loves!

Zuzana said...

I am glad you got to spend some tranquil moments with your sister dear Holly; judging from these images her home is lovely.
I am soon to spend some quality time with my own sister, can not wait.;)
Hope you are having a lovely Sunday,
xoxo

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

That is a wonderful compliment to your sister and her home, how you feel there! Beautiful images! Janell

Lindy said...

Love the jewelry holder. I have something similar and now know just how to use it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails