Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Little Curtains.....

For a small laundry room window. (disclaimer....these photos are yellow and leave much to be desired....pffft!!) I always feel the compulsion to have everything decorated cute. Even the little window in my laundry room seemed so bare to me, and wanting for some flowing tresses of it's own. So I had to dress it up. I got four plain orange cloth napkins at Walmart and sewed some pre- made beaded fringe on the bottoms of them. Then I added some pretty ribbon to the top to serve as tab tops. Lastly I screwed 4 adorable vintage knobs into the wall to serve as a curtain rod.

I tied the napkins onto the knobs, and there you have it...a valance/curtain of miniature proportions.

8 comments:

Esther said...

I would never have thought of that...what a great and stunning idea.

Zuzana said...

This is cute, but incredibly stylish. What an amazing idea; you are a true artist Holly.;) No doubt about that.;)

Jenny@ L.O.T.s of Love said...

Great idea! I think it looks very chic!

Wendy said...

You are a clever girl! I really like it...especially the crystal knobs. SO CUTE!

Alysa@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Hey lady. You have so many cute ideas as well as your sister. I love following your blogs. I've been wanting to do the crystal knobs for bathroom hooks but I didn't know how to put them into the wall. I thought I had to put them in wood first. Will you tell me how do to that? Hope to see you soon! Alysa

Holly said...

Hey Alysa-
The great thing about most vintage knobs, if you can find some, is that the screw is part of the knob, (not separate from it), so that you can actually screw the knob itself into any surface. (I hope that makes sense.) So I literally drilled holes right into the drywall above my window, put in some of those plastic screw anchor thingys and screwed the knob right into the wall. It could not have been easier. :)

Georgia Girl said...

Man this is so cute and you are just simply amazing in the creative field...so when are you going to open your etsy?

Creative runs in the family I have been seeing awhile in blogland.

Ms. Tee said...

That's so cute and so unique! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails