Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thanksgiving Decor

I really love Thanksgiving! I love what the holiday stands for, the fall colors of the decor, and the feel of this time of year. I love everything about it, but I think it gets ignored in the commercial scheme of things. I am partially pleased by that because all that Thanksgiving embodies is about love and hope, blessings and gratitude, family and spirituality, soo not commercial. But,...the nesting part of me likes to decorate for every holiday, and lets face it , cute Thanksgiving decor can be hard to come by. I stumbled upon this fantastic blog the Graphics Fairy. She has all kinds of free vintage images that you can download, printout, and stare at all day. Shaazam!!! I found this particularly fabulous little gem. What great Thanksgiving sheet music.

I used it for a project that was virtually free. Dug up an old frame that had lost it's glass and painted it white. (Love white frames because they make the color of the piece, and the wall color behind it pop.) Now I am thinking this one would have been better suited in a dark mahogany frame. I may have to repaint, but you get the idea. Used a couple sheets of scrapbook paper that I already had lying around to mat the music, tore and pasted the music, and THAT WAS IT!! I love a happy ending.

12 comments:

Georgia Girl said...

Oh I love this! Something like this would look pretty on my piano. I am on my way to check this out. Thanks for the heads up on this idea.

Julie said...

oh Holly what a great idea I'm off to check this out. I left you an award on my blog come on over!
have a great day
julie

Darlene said...

That is so CUTE!! Thanks for the link....LOVE it!

The Style Sisters said...

How fun is that! By the way I love all your great old music you have playing on your blog!!

Ms. Tee said...

This is so absolutely wonderful. :)
My grandma wrote hymns and had some published, and I've been meaning to frame some of her's - maybe this is the nudge I need?!

Zuzana said...

I so agree with you about the fact that all the important Holidays that we celebrate have become too commercialized. I too think many people forget what these traditions are all about; thank you for making it so poignant in your lovely post.

I absolutely love what you did with the poem and I like the frame white.
If you ever run out of things to create in your own home (which will never happen, I am sure) please come over and decorate mine.;))

Wendy said...

What a wonderful idea...thanks for the link. I'm needing some freebie decorating ideas about now. And I couldn't agree more about Thanksgiving...it's one of my very favorite holidays and I don't even like Turkey that much, although stuffing and sweet potatoes...that's another story!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I"m a piano teacher and we love having music around. I love that it's a Thanksgiving song. Great!

Valarie Lea said...

Love this idea!

Chris said...

I LOVE this idea! I'm also eyeing your magnetic corkboard that you made! Nicely done!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Hi Holly,
How fun to catch up on your beautiful Site! I've been out of the loop for several days. This piece of artwork you've made is SO great! Thanks for sharing the vintage site with us.
Also, loved the cork/magnet board...you clever girl, you! So cute.
And...the piece of framed art from your friend, Mary Fielding S., is delicious because of its beauty. Putting it on an easel was inspired.
Next, thank you for the sweet compliment you paid to me on your 10/27 post. Made my day!
Also, I totally LOVE your little dresser makeover with all the adorable pulls. I SO want to do this myself now! And last, but not least, pat yourself on the back for those "happy purses". What an appropriate name. : ) Great job!
M.L.

jennifer said...

Oooh.. Cute! Thanks for the idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails